Sunday, February 26, 2012

Photo-A-Day! Sunday, February 26th

There's a funny story about this picture. I took it on the walk I went on with better half. I went to edit it this morning, did some effects to it, but nothing looked quite like I had imagined. And no matter what I did, I kept going back to the original thinking "it looks better this way." I saved some different effects, put them all on my desktop and switched through them, trying to determine which was best. I even asked Better Half what he thought, and he actually picked the most heavily edited one. But I couldn't wrap  my head around it, I just kept switching back to the original. And as I was planning to post the edited version, I stopped myself. If I feel that strongly about a picture, I should post that picture, right? So - that is exactly what I'm doing. I guess it just goes to show you that sometimes you can be attracted to the raw, to the imperfect above something that has been polished.

Embrace raw beauty.













1 comment: