Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Book Korner! Book Review #2

*Picture found on google.com

Blue Moon is the sequel in Alyson Noel's Immortals series. Evermore was the first book and I reviewed it here. The cover again is very nice to look at. Grade: A.

The core/plot of the story:
I actually enjoyed this book more than Evermore for one simple reason - It didn't linger on or drag out unnecessary scenes. It had a nice pace that was neither too fast or too slow. The plot itself is very good as well, a lot of Ever's and Damon's history is revealed in this book - which means you get a better insight on both characters. There were even some moments that my emotions tied in with Ever's and I could feel her embarrassment and pain.
The only thing I will say without giving anything away is that - the ending was a disappointment to me. I didn't like how Ever handled the final situation - at all.
The Grade: The plot itself is an A but the ending left me furious - I'm giving it a B.
Since the characters haven't changed much from Evermore to Blue Moon my grade hasn't changed much either. However, the introduction of a new character was made and they were very well put together. Grade - A.

Overall:
It's a good book with a series of unfortunate events that leave the main character's head swirling and reaching out for answers. The in-depth insight on the history of the two main characters makes the story even more juicy. And even though I'm not a professional of any sort - I will also say that I saw Alyson's writing change and improve from the last book until now. The only problem with this book is the ending. Point blank - I hated it.

Rating out of 5 stars: 4

Grade: B

Would I recommend the series at this point: Again it would depend on interest but with the ending of this book, I'm not quite sure. I may have to read the third installment before giving a final input for this question.

Final thoughts: Would have been great - if it weren't for the ending!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment